Sunday, April 03, 2005

Bladder Pod

At last you can see a picture of the famous Bladder Pod, which is covering the hillsides and valleys of the Chihuahuan Desert. It is truly amazing and many people claim they have never seen this here before. I went on a wildflower hike in the desert at the Carlsbad Caverns National Park. So many flowers in bloom. The cactus are begining to bloom as well. We went out last night. So rare since we have moved here. There is a small cafe called Blue House that is now serving fancy dinners on thurs, fir and sat nites--they are closed on Sundays! A new chef moved to town and this is a very big deal. The food was good. My friend called also to say they were going to a club opening in DC--and we were excited that some one called to see if we wanted to go out to dinner! It has been harder than I thought to meet people here. Part of it is that I am not working now so I only meet people when I go out --quilting etc or via my husband and he is not the most social. I did not anticipate how hard it would be to meet people and esp. find cool women friends like I have in DC and CA. Enough whinning--Sunday morning--going to let the baby chicks out in the backyard again and maybe do taxes-yuck.

No comments: